Meridian Development Group (MDG) is a Tampa-based real estate investment company specializing in the acquisition, redevelopment and management of value-added industrial, flex and office properties throughout the eastern half of the United States, with a concentration in Florida and the southeast. Meridian Development Group has a long and outstanding track record as a value-add real estate investment manager. Over the past 13 years, our investment strategy has been to purchase under-performing assets below their replacement cost, utilize our in-house redevelopment and operations expertise to increase rental rates and occupancy, and to maximize our shareholder value by divesting these assets at the appropriate time.
Our strategy to identify and improve value-add real estate is based upon our understanding of local market characteristics as well as the real estate capital markets. In general, the principles of our investment strategy are to:
- Target well- located, infill locations with excellent thruway access.
- Discounted to replacement value, typically require some redevelopment component.
- Location or physical characteristics demonstrate little or no functional obsolescence.
- Utilize internal cost control advantages to optimize net effective rents and maximize values.
- Typically avoid institutional competitor by remaining entrepreneurial and creative.
- Develop multiple exit strategies with public/private buyers in desirable markets.
As target markets, Meridian prefers metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs) of 1,000,000 or more in population. We look for MSA’s with underlying growth in income and population, of which the southeastern US has been a participant.